The fall season has finally arrived, which means cooler temps, beautiful colors and fall car maintenance. Yep, that’s right - fall is the perfect time of year to give your vehicle a little love.
As a good car owner, you understand the importance of routine car maintenance. It’s important to help your vehicle adjust to seasonal changes. Here are 8 tips to get prepared:
1) Check your antifreeze - Your antifreeze may have gotten diluted in the summer months. As the temps get cooler, your vehicle’s antifreeze will help regulate your engine’s temperature and ensure that it is running properly.
2) Check the brakes - Inclement weather and other seasonal hazards require effective stopping power. Wondering if it’s time to replace your brakes? Read this helpful article: http://wiygul.com/support/1428/when-do-i-need-new-brakes/ We also invite you to visit one of our 8 locations for a free brake inspection.
3) Check your tire pressure on a monthly basis - The dip in temperature will affect your tire pressure. Monitor your tire pressure on a monthly basis to be sure the levels are set at the vehicle’s manufacturer recommendations. Learn more about tire pressure by visiting: http://wiygul.com/support/1410/tire-pressure-101/.
4) Make sure your heater/defroster works - Traveling without heat isn’t fun, and driving with fogged-up windows is an accident waiting to happen. Check front and rear window defrosters to ensure proper working condition. If necessary, have heater and defroster systems repaired.
5) Check the lights - Enjoy the weather outside one night and check to be sure that all your lights are working properly. Inspect the headlights, taillights, parking lights, brake lights, and emergency flashers. If you notice a dim or burnt out light, replace it. This is also a good time to clean your lights in order to improve visibility and safer driving. To have your head lights shine their brightest and look their best, visit: http://wiygul.com/services/17/headlight-restoration/
6) Inspect your wiper blades - It’s important to have a clear windshield for optimum visibility. If your wiper blades look worn or cracked, replace them now before ice or snow move in.
7) Have your battery checked - A well performing battery is necessary to start your car in cold weather. Wiygul Automotive Clinic is happy to perform a battery test for free.
8) Prepare for snow - Be proactive by putting gloves and an ice scraper in your car. (Your hands will thank you!)
Before the cold weather sets in, give your car a little extra love and bring it to Wiygul Automotive Clinic for a check-up. By doing so, you will be on the road to safer driving, no matter what the weather looks like!