The holiday season is quickly approaching and that means many people will be hitting the road to visit their loved ones. Heavy traffic, distracted drivers and inclement weather can all create hazardous conditions during your travels. To make your trip go a little smoother, Wiygul Automotive Clinic created these tips:
1) Designate a navigator. Heavy traffic or poor weather conditions are no time to be fumbling with a cell phone or navigation system.
2) Get gas, check fluid levels, tire inflation and window cleaner reservoirs before you travel.
3) Get a good night’s sleep the night before you leave. If you will be traveling overnight and begin to feel drowsy, make a stop and take a nap.
4) Plan to make a few stops every couple hours. Getting out of the car for some fresh air and stretching your legs helps drivers feel more refreshed and focused.
5) If you have kids but don’t have a DVD player in your car, perhaps rent or borrow one (with headphones, unless you want to hear the Baby Shark song played over and over and over.)
6) Drive with your lights, even during the day. It increases your visibility to the drivers around you.
7) If possible, plan to leave the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and return on the Saturday or Monday after. You’ll miss the heavy traffic on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
8) Never drink and drive
A little planning can make all the difference. We hope these tips help you have a safe and enjoyable Holiday road trip.