Tax season is upon us. If you are among the happy taxpayers awaiting a refund, you might be thinking about splurging on something special. However, being practical with some of your refund might be a better choice. For instance, spending a portion of your tax refund on preventative vehicle maintenance, which can pay long-term dividends.
Here are 10 benefits of investing your tax refund into preventative vehicle maintenance:
1) Extends the lifespan of your vehicle - According to CarCare.org, with proper care, the typical vehicle should be able to provide at least 200,000 miles of safe, dependable performance. Routine maintenance and repairs will help keep your vehicle performing its best, meaning it’ll drive better and longer.
2) You’re less likely to break down - If you neglect routine maintenance or ignore small problems, your car will eventually break down and have bigger, more costly repairs. Routine care will allow your experienced Wiygul Automotive Clinic technician to identify any potential problems that need repair.
3) You’ll get the best performance from your vehicle - The better you treat your car, the better it will treat you. After you get a haircut, massage or other treatment, don’t you feel better? The same applies to your car. After service your car will run smoother, resulting in a better overall driving experience.
4) You’ll increase your fuel economy - New tires, engine air filters and fuel system cleaning all improve fuel economy. This means less money spent at the gas pump and more in your pocket. Cha-ching!
5) It’s better for the earth - A well-maintained car emits less toxic fumes than a car in need of maintenance or repairs. If you’re concerned about your carbon footprint, performing routine maintenance can help reduce your emissions and minimize your footprint. Looking out for our planet is a win-win!
6) A car that has been well maintained could have a higher resale value - Most drivers eventually end up selling their vehicle. If that’s your plan too, keeping your vehicle well maintained and investing in routine maintenance could increase your payout later down the road. Think of auto service as a small investment now for a bigger return later.
7) You can schedule your auto service & repairs - Car problems always seem to arise at the most inconvenient times. Scheduling your routine maintenance when it’s convenient for you helps avoid unforeseen schedule-wrecking problems in the future.
8) Not all car problems are obvious! - Even when your car seems like it’s running fine, there may be a hidden problem. There are plenty of red flags that you’d never notice without getting under the hood, like timing belt wear or slow oil leaks.
9) A car is likely the most important thing you own - Most of us don’t realize how valuable our car is until it doesn’t work. Could you go a day without your car? Odds are you won’t find anything of equal value at the mall.
10) Your safety is priceless - Weak brakes, tire blowouts, smoke coming from your engine, car problems can put you at risk on the road. At Wiygul Automotive Clinic, nothing is more important than your safety and well-being.
We hope we have persuaded you to invest some of your tax refund into preventative vehicle maintenance. It’s truly one of the best investments you can make!