It is entirely possible, and frankly not that difficult, to improve your vehicle’s gas mileage by making a few simple changes in behavior. Here are 7 tips for you:
1) Slow down - Moderate driving is one of the easiest and most controllable ways to save gas.
2) Use your cruise control when possible on highways - Maintaining constant speed improves gas mileage.
3) Keep your tires inflated to the proper pressure - Click here to learn how to check your tire pressure.
4) Think before you brake - The more aggressively you stop your car, the more gas you use.
5) Replace old spark plugs - This will ensure proper engine ignition in the combustion chamber.
6) Change your air filter - It is estimated that changing a dirty engine filter can improve gas mileage by as much as 10%.
7) Combine your trips - Engines are most efficient when they are warmed up so instead of taking frequent short trips, combining them is recommended.
Improving gas mileage not only saves you money but also helps the environment by reducing emissions. If you need a tune, new spark plugs or a new air filter, schedule your appointment with Wiygul Automotive Clinic today.