It is required by law in the state of Virginia to have your vehicle inspected once a year. When you take your vehicle yearly for a Virginia State Inspection, make sure you take it to a reputable safety inspection station near Fairfax Station, VA. Trying to breeze through an inspection knowing something won’t pass on your vehicle, could cost you a ticket and the inspector his inspector’s license.
Take the time beforehand to check things out on your vehicle to see that everything is in working order. If something will not pass inspection, have it fixed before you take it to your safety inspection station near Fairfax Station, VA. This will save you time and the hassle of having to go back because you got a rejection sticker when your vehicle doesn’t pass inspection.
Pre State Inspection Checklist for Fairfax Station, VA Motorists
- Tread depth of your tires, inside and outside wear. Use a penny to gauge the tread depth of your tires. If you can see Lincoln’s head, they are too low on tread and will probably fail the inspection.
- All your lights. Have a someone operate the lights from the inside of the vehicle while you check on the outside if they are working properly. Be sure to check your lights that illuminate the license plate as these are often overlooked by car owners. Check reverse lights, marker lights, brake lights, including third brake light if you have one. Any lights on your vehicle must be in working order.
- Look for cracks in mirrors, make sure horn works correctly, and if you hear a loud exhaust noise from under your vehicle, you might want to have that looked at before making a trip to your safety inspection station near Fairfax Station, VA.
- Check to see that all safety belts latch and work properly.
- Make sure the windows work.
- Check for cracks or chips in the windshield.
Typically if you are the designated driver of your vehicle, you know firsthand by driving it every day what could possibly fail on a Virginia State Inspection. If you pre-check your vehicle before you bring it to a safety inspection station near Fairfax Station, VA, you might save yourself the extra money and the extra trip. Sometimes if it isn’t such a big repair, such as a bulb, the inspector will be happy to fix it for you if he doesn’t have a line of inspections waiting for him.