If your tire alignment is off, you could be experiencing your car pulling to one side of the road in Burke, VA or possibly your steering wheel has a vibration in it from your tires being misaligned. It could also be possible that you won’t even notice if your tire alignment is off.
You should have a regular tire alignment check-up in Burke, VA to keep your vehicle running smooth and straight and safe to drive. When your wheels are aligned, your vehicle will handle better. A wheel alignment in Burke, VA will include:
- An inspection of your vehicle’s suspension and steering systems including the tire air pressure and the condition of the tires.
- Your vehicle will be placed on an alignment rack where laser sensors are mounted and measure the current alignment settings.
- Tire alignment readings are taken.
- Camber, caster, and toe angles will be adjusted according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Tire alignment readings are retaken.
- Test drives your vehicle.
Snowy winters in Burke, VA play havoc on our roads and highways leaving them overloaded with potholes which is a chief contributor for the misalignment of your wheels.
Avoiding Potholes in the Road
- Keep your tires properly inflated to prepare for rough roads.
- Do not tailgate. When you keep your distance from the driver in front of you , you can better see how their vehicle is responding to potentially bumpy roads so you might avoid a deep pothole.
- Drive slower on rough, bumpy roads or pavement, especially in bad weather.
Other Things Contributing to Your Wheel‘s Alignment
- Hitting the curb
- Bumping into the concrete parking stalls
- Wear and tear
Wheels not in alignment will reduce the life of your tires by causing uneven tread wear more rapidly than properly aligned wheels. Wheels properly aligned will increase your fuel efficiency and maximize the life of your tires. This will also enhance your driving ability by keeping you and other passengers safe in Burke, VA.
Remember: Properly aligned wheels can save you money on tires and fuel.