In Burke, VA, new tire installation done in a timely manner will keep you safer on the road. The only thing between you and the highway is your set of tires. When they don’t have enough tread or are weakening, you increase your chances of having an accident. Bad tires make it harder to steer and stop.
But new tires are expensive. Here at Wiygul Automotive Clinic, we understand that you want to hang on to your old tires as long as you can, and still stay safe. So many of our customers ask us how to tell when it’s time to invest in new tires. The quickest way is to bring your vehicle into Wiygul. Our team of tire pros will check the tires, looking at the tread and signs of deterioration. You can trust our recommendations. The team at Wiygul is on your side!
Do you want to check your tires yourself? Here is a handy list of 5 signs that your tires are getting too old for safety. Let us know if you have any questions after you do the inspection. We’re here to help.
- Not enough tread for safety. You can check this by inserting a Lincoln head penny into the tread, with the head facing inward. If Abe Lincoln’s head is entirely visible, then your tires don’t have the tread they need for safe driving. You need new ones.
- Tread wear indicator bars are visible. Newer tires have a great new innovation that makes it simple to check for tread safety. You can barely make out the tread wear bars when your tires are new. After you drive many, many miles on them, the bars gradually become more visible. When they are entirely clear, you need new tire installation in Burke, VA.
- Cuts and cracking. Do you notice damage on your sidewalls, especially cracks and cuts? You might have a leak. The tire needs to be checked by a tire expert at Wiygul. He will inspect it and make recommendations.
- Blisters and bulges. If you see bulging on your tire or blisters, your tire is in bad shape. It is deteriorating and becoming weaker, and it is unsafe to use. It can lead to a blowout on the highway. Bring your car in for an inspection by one of our tire experts.
- Vibrating too often. When you drive on streets with potholes and other problems, your car will vibrate. But if you notice it when you are on your normal route, it could mean trouble inside the tire. Bring your vehicle into Wiygul so a trained mechanic can check it out.
Call Wiygul Automotive Clinic today for more information about tire installation in Burke, VA.