When it comes to car heater repair in Reston, VA, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That’s why we recommend bringing your vehicle in and allowing us to inspect your heater once a year, in the autumn, and preferably before the first truly chilly day of the year.
If you’re not really sure when the last time you had your vehicle’s heating system inspected, the safe bet is to assume you’re overdue and stop by to see us at your next convenience. That’s the best way to avoid a nasty wintertime surprise.
You should also be aware that your heater will do its best to alert you when it begins to struggle. Of course, you’ve got to know what kinds of things to be on the alert for. To that end, here are a few of the more common signs that your heater is having problems:
- The volume of air coming from the vents doesn’t change, no matter how high you set the fan speed.
- Your defroster takes an inordinately long time to work, doesn’t work at all, or blows in grimy air.
- The air coming from your vents has a musty smell do it, or has a damp feel to it.
- Your heating system only seems to work while you’re moving. If you stop, the air flow into your vehicle also stops.
- Your heating system blows nothing but cold air, or never gets as hot as it should
- You notice the opposite problem and even when you set the heat to low, it blasts nothing but extremely hot air.
- You notice a sickly sweet smell any time you turn the heat on.
If you start noticing any of these, you should stop by our shop and let us take care of the problem for you right away.
Of course, we do a lot more than just handle car heater repair service in Reston, VA. We’re a full service automotive repair center and as such, we offer a wide range of other repairs, including:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Transmission Repair
- Headlight Restoration
- Belt and Hose Replacement
- Wheel Balancing
- Tire Rotation
- Wheel Alignment
- Suspension and/or Steering Repair
- Tire Installation and Flat Tire Repair
- Oil Changes
- Engine Repair
- Virginia Safety Inspections
- Virginia Emissions Inspections
- Battery Replacement
- Driveline Repair
- And Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement
The bottom line is, whatever you drive and whatever kind of work you need done, from engine and transmission work to car heater repair in Reston, VA, we’ve got you covered. Before we do any work of any kind, we’ll thoroughly inspect your vehicle to make sure we’re addressing the root cause of whatever problem you’re having and give you a free estimate along with a list of repairs we recommend, so you’ll know exactly what it will take to get your vehicle back on the road. Call or stop by today.